There’s plenty to be afraid of in today’s world, isn’t there? Just a glance at the news can mess with your mind. It’s easy to worry about your or your loved ones safety.
But if you’re a Christian, remember that you are not of this world and you have inside information – INSIDE THE BIBLE.
God promises protection and safety for us! Our part is simply to soak our spirit in His promises of protection, instead of believing what we see and hear all around us on a daily basis. That is the fight of faith – to believe what God says in the face of what we see in the natural. It takes spiritual effort.
In an effort to help you focus in on God’s promises and bolster your faith in His protection, here are 10 Bible verses to read and meditate whenever you’re tempted to be afraid:
1. “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” Deut. 31:6
2. “Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today...The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent.” Exodus 14:13-14
3. “A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not approach you….No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your tent.” Psalm 91:7, 10
4. “The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life.” Psalm 121:7 (NIV)
5. “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; you will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.” Psalm 138:7
6. “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He knows those who take refuge in Him.” Nahum 1:7
7. “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19
8. “But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thessalonians 3:3
9. “The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom…” 2 Timothy 4:18
10. “We know that God’s children do not make a practice of sinning, for God’s Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them.” 1 John 5:18 (NLT)
Parents, for faith to speak safety over your children, get the Parenting With A Purpose daily devotional here.